Trying to get through the world every day without tripping over my own two feet.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Appointments

I have decided that I need some answers.  I can't believe that I'm meant to spend the rest of my life feeling unfocused, lethargic, callous.  I have a great life, and I'm tired of hating it.

I've scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician in a couple of weeks.  She's been my doctor for six years now, and she's seen my ups and downs.  All of the medications I'm on, she's the one who put me on them.  Most of all, she's easy to talk to and she listens.

I took down notes from my last few calendars, where I write pertinent info like weight, periods, sex.  All the things a menopausal woman would need to keep track of.  Looking back over the last three plus years, there were a few startling discoveries that I wasn't even aware of.  Living day to day, you don't notice some things happening- or not happening.  Having 38 months laid out in front of you, patterns emerge.

So it's time to see if my doctor is willing to do some poking around.  Blood, pee, saliva.  Whatever I need to hand over.  My notes, too, to see if she thinks my issues are due to hormones or any of my medications.

I feel as though my body is betraying me.  It's time to figure it out and make some changes.

MISS GEE

1 comment:

  1. This is great. Keep us posted as to how things go. Sending love,

    C

    ReplyDelete