Trying to get through the world every day without tripping over my own two feet.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Stunned


I can't believe I am writing this post, I am in shock.  After lots of fantasizing and talking about it, we are going to actually look at this house this weekend.  In another town.  In another state.  Up in the mountains.  No one knows, and of course the likelihood of buying it is probably zero.  But just the fact that after all this time, we are finally taking action, has left me speechless.  We have talked about finding our "forever" home for so long now, that I thought of it as only a dream.  I look online ALL the time at houses, in our area, in nearby towns or states.  We've talked about three or four years down the road, making the move.  But this weekend I showed J this house online, and said what a shame we are not actually wanting to move right now, because this is what we've been looking for.  A smaller home so we can get rid of all our shit and downsize into something more comfortable and cozy.  And getting out of a "neighborhood" into the country- this sweet little home has over seven acres.  But I show J homes all the time and say, oh how pretty.  This one struck a chord with my husband, and while he was sitting at the airport Monday morning he kept looking at it online, and without even letting me know what he was up to, he spent Monday getting us preapproved for a loan and finding a realtor in that area.  And now we are going to drive up there this weekend and actually LOOK at this house, as potential buyers!  I am ecstatic and elated and a nervous wreck and in shambles all at the same time.  I am scared and excited.  I am not, however, getting my hopes up.  I am just amazed at the idea that J was so open to the idea of us moving into the next phase of our life and future together!  WOW!

MISS GEE

No comments:

Post a Comment