Trying to get through the world every day without tripping over my own two feet.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Random Thoughts Pictorial

One thing I love about the blogs I am following here, are all the photos.  Most of them always include lots and lots of pics with each post.  I take my photos with a camera- although I have an older iPhone the quality of the photos are not great.  I know these days the younger folks use their phones for capturing their life in color and I am always impressed with the shots.  So today I am posting some very random thoughts based on some recent photos I've been scrolling through. I want to plan on putting more than one photo with each of my posts if I can in the future.

*****

I am a terrible gardener, really.  I am lazy, I hate to be outside in the heat and humidity and bugs of the southern summers.  I hate to weed, I pay for it the next day in the form of anguishing back pain.  I want a veggie garden so very much, but J has convinced me it's too much work for me to keep up with.  But I love flowers.  That's why I always plant perennials every spring, and a lot of bulbs specifically.  Less work, more payoff.  I've been planting new bulbs each spring since we moved into the house, and I love them and love to show them off.  They bloom brilliantly every year without fail.




*****

As an artist, I love to collect old artwork and paintings.  It's one of the things I look for at all the estate sales and auctions we go to.  If it's someone else's original art, I hate to let it get away from me.  It's not like an old piece of Tupperware or a dusty basket.  It was a project someone put their heart and soul and talent into.  I feel compelled to "rescue" it and give it a new home.  I prefer landscapes, I don't know why.  Maybe it's because I'm terrible at painting nature scenes myself.  Auctions are great places to find art- I've paid as little as $2.00 for an original framed oil painting, just because no one else wanted it.  I have very little space left on our walls, yet I'm always on the lookout for another new painting.





*****

The last random thought for today- we love lighthouses.  It's an interest that neither had in the past, it's a passion we developed together on our very first vacation as a new couple.  Whenever we go on vacation, we are always near water, and we always scout out the nearest lighthouse. Be it on a marsh, on the ocean, at the mouth of a river or large lake.  We always seem to find one.  If it's climbable, J is going to go up to the top.  I've climbed a few with him in our younger years, but lately I just enjoy them from the outside.  Our vacation last week, we hiked a very long mosquito-infested trail just to get a shot of the small one below in the first photo.  We've gone to lighthouses from the East Coast to the West Coast, from Canada to Key West.  We love them!





MISS GEE

No comments:

Post a Comment